V6/V8 swap WAS injectors

From: Peter A. Athens (athynz@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Aug 24 2003 - 04:46:21 EDT

I too have the somewhat underpowered V6. I've seen a lot of different
suggestions as to mods for more HP, gas mileage, etc. What I am curious
about is swapping the 3.9L V6 for a 4.2L V8 in a 2000 4x2 CC. Would it be
possible without having to replace my current tranny? I'm using the dak as
my daily driver, and some occasional towing/ load carrying. I plan on
keeping it stock height or possibly even raising it about 2 or 3 inches. If
it's not, then obviously I'll just mod the V6, but if it is possible without
too many other changes, then I'll save my cash for that. Any thoughts or
suggestions?