RE: bernd's v6

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Aug 24 2003 - 10:19:51 EDT

Aftermarket V8 Rods, Crank work (machining and lightening), aftermarket
pistons, CompCams grind camshaft (KRC's "200") w/1.7:1 rollers, custom
ported/massaged factory heads (also machined for the 1.7's with the cam
- springs matched as well), ARP studs on bottom and top-end, modified
factory intake manifold, 50mm TB, Headers, exhaust, ignition, custom
flashed V6 PCM.

Without the nitrous, I'm already 2-seconds and 14mph faster than stock
configuration for my truck (factory form, it ran a 17.4 @ 72mph with a
10" chrome filter and a Dynomax muffler). With the 60HP shot, I'm
2.5-2.7 second quicker than stock and about 20mph faster.

The engine was built with boost in mind so there's still plenty of room
for ET and MPH improvement. I know it can run 13's without too much
boost (10-11#) and am keeping the nitrous system on there as well.

- Bernd