What a crazy Day! On-topic and off-topic

From: Tom Slick North (prodog@swbell.net)
Date: Sun Aug 24 2003 - 22:03:25 EDT

Well, the day started out great... went to an invitation only event to
drive the new Porsche Cayenne... Bothe the S and the Turbo model!!!

Got to drive them on a performance and handling course, and on an off-road
course...

All I have to say is: "Impressive, most impressive!!!"

The turbo model would take a stock R/T in the 1/4 mile....no doubt...

My hat off to Porsche for putting on a first class event... the
hospitality, the food, the way we were allowed to drive the Cayenne (he he
he), the way everything was presented... if you get to opportunity to do
this, DO IT!!!!

Then the day took a wrong turn... I went by work to take care of a few
things, and while I was inside some tried to break into my truck!!!

They had tried to pry back the window channel on the passenger side... they
were doing this so they could pop the lock, but on the second pry, they
broke the glass(which cracked the entire window, but it stayed in place
thanks to the window tint!!!) and set off the stage 1 alarm on my truck...
apparently, it was enough to scare them off, as the door was still locked
and the cracked window was still in place...

The mother-f*cker is d@mn lucky I didn't catch him doing it.... what a
worthless M-F...

So, now my Dak has a piece of clear plastic duct-taped over the window
opening, and I had to take everything out of my truck...

On top of all of this, I start graduate school tomorrow!!!

Later!
Tom "Slick" North
96 Dodge Dakota 5.2L RC