Re: Weird steering noise

From: Craig Rash (2kdaksport@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 10:37:37 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Valentin Garcia" <valentingar@msn.com>
Subject: DML: Weird steering noise

> Today as I was pulling out of my driveway to go to work I notice a
somewhat
> loud creak as I was turning the steering wheel (about a 90 degree turn
from
> dead center)

I've had the same type of thing happen to me. Usually at slow speed and when
turning the wheel. It was a creak that really had me worried. It sounded
like it was coming from under the dash right behind the steering whell. It
turned out that if I put lateral pressure on the wheel, acutally pushed on
one side or the other, it would creak So for instance, if I was steering
with one hand, I would actually cause that lateral pressure on the wheel and
it would creak. It is still there and is very intermittent, although it
seems to be getting better.