Re: mystery burnt valves unfolds

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Wed Aug 27 2003 - 09:55:44 EDT

"Stuckness shouldn't be avouded. It's the psychic predecessor to all
real understanding. An egoless acceptance of stuckness is a key to an
understanding of all quality, in mechanical work as other endeavors.
It's understanding of quality as revealed by stuckness which so
oftenmakes self-taught mechanics superior to institute-trained men who
have learned how to handle everyything except a new situation."
-Unknown quote, taped to my clip-board.

>>> dml@mikesdakota.com 08/26/03 11:31PM >>>

Thanks Patrick. Doesn't bother me, let other think what they will, I
couldn't care less. Besides that's the way you learn
this stuff. My oversight is such a major step that I
even laugh at myself for it. Some people have
hoods as a legacy... I guess I have 8 bent exhaust
valves! (Yep, shop informed me today the other 4 were
bent also).
--Mike
www.mikesdakota.com