Mystery rattle/squeek solved!!!

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 09:37:22 EDT

A while ago I posted wondering about possible sources for a
squeek/rattle that was emanating from the front of my truck. I got
several helpful suggestions, and as a result (among other thinggs)
replaced my shocks. My truck rode much better after that, but I never
was able to pinpoint that @$%@#$% noise. My final solution was to buy
new speakers and turn up the radio.
   The cause was out in front of God and everybody, but I just couldn't
see it. Last night, I was carrying a box in front of my truck, and I
bumped my brushguard... and heard the !@##%$% rattle. Hmm, I think,
that's odd, I have never been able to duplicate that noise before, no
matter what I jacked, pulled, prodded or beat on... As it turns out, my
Brushguard had a loose bolt on it and ot was the upper cross-bar that
was rattling against the right side plate. Even when we spent 4 hours
with the front of my truck tore apart at the BBQ, and my brushguard on
the floor, I didn't put 2 and 2 togeather...(Ok, 6 hours, but some of
that was lunch and a parts run..) Anyway, it's fixed now... Thanks to
all who guessed, and AGAIN thanks to Mike, Tom, Ed, Andy, Adam, Jon and
everybody else that helped me with my tow-hooks at the BBQ.

                              -Barry
MCP, A+, Network+, Server+
Efficiency is doing things right.
Effectiveness is doing the right things.
Character is doing the right thing when nobody is looking.
Contact Info:
217-899-6105 Cell 217-467-8673 Page
217-558-6000 Desk barryoliver@novanis.com
Username: barrysuperhawk