Re: Re: Thank you! (attn. Bernd)

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 21:36:11 EDT

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 21:24:04 -0400, andy-dml@levyclan.us (andy levy)
wrote:

>JAMEPC@aol.com wrote:
>
>> Bernd-
>> Did you send this to me? It was from you and not the DML, but there was no
>> attached file. Looks like it was supposed to be a virus.
>>
>> In a message dated 8/28/2003 6:19:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>> bernd@texas.net writes:
>>

>>>Please see the attached file for details.
>>

>Looks like someone who has Bernd in their address book or Outlook
>Express files has a virus.

They don't have to actually have him in the address book...

a.) Outlook Express automatically adds people to your address book.

b.) The current devil (Sobig.F) scans the outlook mailboxes as well as
several other file types on the machine for e-mail addresses to use.

I've gotten spoofed virus messages from just about everyone's address
on the list, but so far they've only actually come from two IP
addresses. Yesterday I got one from an old friend of ours who is no
longer with us, which I must admit was a bit creepy.

-Bill