There is a Virus among the DML

From: Kevin S. (ksellstr@softcom.nospam.net)
Date: Sat Aug 30 2003 - 14:06:11 EDT

Over the past week I have received handfuls of virus messages from
unknown addresses. The virus is the Sobif.F variant that sends itself
out to the addresses in your book and copies one of those addresses into
the "From" line to keep us guessing where it came from.

I finally recognized one of those "From" addresses as a DML user. It
was kind enough to put Greg's e-mail address: intensedak39@aol.com in
the from line...sorry Greg.

Someone on the list probably has it and doesn't know it...

I use AVG anti-virus, which is available free to home users and can be
found at www.grisoft.com

You can find more information on any virus and disinfection instructions
at the F-Secure website: www.f-secure.com The specific info for the
Sobig.F virus is at this site: http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/sobig_f.shtml

Hope this helps!

Kevin

--
Kevin Sellstrom, W6KTB      E-Mail:ksellstr@softcom.net
             ***Wilton, California***

'99 Dodge Dakota CC, 4x4, 5.2, '69 Dodge D200, 4x2, 318,

Also: '83 Volvo 244Ti, '85 Volvo 244, '68 Volvo 122S, '98 Specialized Rockhopper A1FS