Sounds of silence. (almost)

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Tue Sep 02 2003 - 00:48:44 EDT

 Hell is starting to freeze over down here. Toady I think is the first day
since the start of summer that didn't top out over 80deg! I removed the
90deg rubber elbow from the intake today and reinstalled the 4.7L TB "hat".
Found that deeeeep throaty sound is cut by 80%. The but-o-meter has
determined no or very little loss of performance. Now with the intake
quieter you hear a little more of the rumble of the exhaust.
On the lighter side: As I was finishing up, Cindy make a comment that I
hadn't painted the rams head on the hood padding (busting my chops tone).
Told her that a few have been painted and they look good! Then for good
measure I offered to let her paint it for me! That got a big "Yea Right"
from her. Told Cindy that I do have a red rams head decal that will look
just right on the 4.7L TB hat! She rolled her eyes and went back to
vacuuming her Neon.

--
Don Mallett