Re: My Dakota stalls out - Any help?

From: Albert (albert@nospam-winternet.com)
Date: Tue Sep 02 2003 - 20:06:13 EDT

Well I followed Adny's advice.

The repair noted in the page he sent me had already
been done on my truck, though I found that I did also
have quite a bit of corrosion on the blue-yellow stripe
wire splice that controls the fuel pump relay and the shut down
relay.

I stripped, cleaned, and soldered these these up, but
no avail.

I tried ohming the resistance of the fuel pump circuit
from the relay output to groung and it was reading 12 meg.

I crawleed on the ground, gave the tank a rap or two with
my hand, and ohmed it again. This time it was 5.7 ohms.

I jumped in the truck, started it up and got it into the
garage.

It looks like the fuel pump must be bad or intermittent.
I guess the tank is coming out again.

One thing I negleced to note in the first message was my
truck has 150K miles.

The tough part is a few guys from work suggested to just
replace everything in the tank the first time I had it out.

Oh well, I guess the free advice was worth more than the
cost this time.

Thanks for the reply - Al