Re: Re: Sep 27th...6th Annual MoPars at the Valley

From: andy levy (andy-dml@levyclan.us)
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 11:52:08 EDT

JAMES KNOX wrote:
> Hi Andy! How many hours is the average drive between Buffalo and Albany,
> and how many miles is it using the I-90 ?

Jim,
        It's a haul. According to the NYS Thruway website (you're probably
most interested in the "Travelers" section at
http://www.thruway.state.ny.us/travelers/index.html) , you're looking at
273 miles from Exit 50 (NE end of Buffalo) to Exit 24 (Albany) on I-90,
with toll charges of US$8.45. Figure another 45 minutes from Exit 24 to
the speedway, mixed between the highway and backroads.

Exit 24 can be tricky because it's a 2-lane lefthand exit; let me know
and I'll dig up the Terraserver imagery so you can see the overhead
photo before you get there.

There are rest areas every 45-60 minutes along I-90 with gas & food.

I recommend that if you're driving through on Friday, you time it such
that you pass through Albany sometime other than between 4PM and 7PM.
You'll be taking one of the major commuter routes from Exit 24 through
the city and over the river.