Re: Re: Power Steering Fluid question

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 10:43:12 EDT

The big difference I understood about synthetic brake fluid and regular
is that the synthetic doesn't build up moisture in the fluid over time
like the regular stuff does. My understanding is the due to this that
the synthetic will get longer life out of the brake lines. I had a
vehicle once that I changed the brake fluid every year and still had to
replace the brakes lines at 90,000 miles due to the lining going bad.
If you don't plan to keep a vehicle that long it doesn't matter.

Jeff Durling