Re: flamed tint, pros cons

From: Steve Feiler (stcr@lvcm.com)
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 00:57:46 EDT

I have pretty intricately flamed window tint on my truck, was cut/laid by
hand (not one of those buy & stick internet places). Various pix of it are
visible on my site.

If you have tint done on the side windows, mark off the area you usually
look through to see into your rearview mirrors and avoid putting any type of
pattern there. My flames are thin and intricate and cross this space at
least three times, it took well over a month to get used to seeing through
them.

Flamed tint is also difficult to see through in general at night because
you're looking through two layers of tint, not one. If you do a lot of
driving at night you may want to avoid this sort of tint altogether.

If I had the funds/interest I would do it again, but I'd leave a gap around
the mirror area and replace my back glass (mine came tinted from the
factory) so I could flame it all the way around the back.

- Steve
http://www.dakota-durango.com