Dismal evening at the track

From: ronald bruce taylor,jr (taylor9565@msn.com)
Date: Thu Sep 11 2003 - 23:18:19 EDT

Had a day of today, and the weather was perfect for a night of test and
tune......or so I thought.

I made the hour long trek to the track, cooled the 3.9 off in the staging
lanes for an hour after the gates opened, only to be very disappointed with
the track prep on my first pass.......

For some reason the track was very slick and I had a very difficult time
hooking the Dak up........fact is it never really hooked at all on the first
pass.....I had to abort the run by the 1/8 mile mark as the Dak would do
nothing but fishtail!

I had decided to try the nitrous on the first pass as the Dak usually
has it's best 60' and ET on the first pass of the evening......

The combination of the lousy track condition and the Torque of a Nos shot
just didn't work out.......

My second pass was made without the Nos and it wasn't much better, it still
spun like crazy off the line.

Ron-
'01 Dakota Sport 3.9 4WD
Street,Strip,and Show