Re: *poke* DML sleeping?

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Sun Sep 14 2003 - 02:04:40 EDT

On Saturday, September 13, 2003, at 04:39 PM, Kyle Vanditmars wrote:

> Terrible Tom wrote:
>> On lunch right now - no posts to the DML since 10 AM? Unusual!
>
> Simmer down, son... I was disassembling and cleaning my brakes in an
> attempt to silence an awful squeal that was developing. Seems to have
> worked, but we'll see.

well that's kinda funny.... at 11 this morning I was taking my brakes
apart and cleaning them, too. except mine was due to stupidity....

I've got a ripped lower ball joint boot on my LF that I haven't had a
chance to take care of yet, and I was lubing it up before I headed for
cleveland, and I hadn't noticed that the rip had migrated from the rear
of the truck to the left of the truck, so while I was watching for
grease to spill to the rear, it was getting all over the brake disc
instead.... 20 minutes later, VERY glad that I had some brake cleaner
in my bucket of liquid junk, I was on the road...

BTW - I kept an eye out for you or your truck in BUF, neil, but I
didn't see you. just a pretty old replica (the "Freedom Schooner
Amistad"), a couple BIG gray things ("The Sullivans" and the "Alabama"?
  not sure on the battleship and I haven't downloaded the pictures
yet...), and a black boat in need of a LOT of TLC. what sort of work
have they been doing on the Croaker? I must say it looks pretty sorry
from dockside....

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
ClassTech Consultant  -  ITS Printer Tech  -  ITS Lab Tech