Re: Time to take a look...

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sun Sep 14 2003 - 07:36:05 EDT

Hey, Don,

<snip> If the weather holds up, I'm going to put the front end up on ramps
and look
 for the source of a unknown clunk, knock, rattle or whatever it is coming
 from the front end. This "noise" happens when going over bumps. It feels
 like something is loose down there.<snip>

I'd take a close look at the lower shock mounting bolts....'Course I had
 the mysterious "clunk" 4X, & I felt it most when going over small bumps or
potholes...
Even if the bolt head looks like it's still in place, put wrench on it. If
it turns easily, it's either backed itself out of the threaded boss, or it's
snapped. There's a small pocket in the lower support arm (at least there is
on the DAKSY) that nests the lower end of the shock. The downward pressure
of the shock itself will keep it in the pocket, so it looks and feels like
it's still attached...
Good luck!

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
(damn ProComps...)