RE: 97 to 98 difference in headers

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Sun Sep 14 2003 - 11:45:56 EDT

All of the headers you mentioned will provide minimal performance difference on an
otherwise stock truck. They will also rust out in just a couple of years. This is where
the JBA's have the advantage, since they are stainless steel, unless you are willing to
spend even more $$$ on ceramic coating.

John
http://jndneff.home.texas.net/dakota/dakota.html

<snip>
    Well here's the thing - a guy at work just ordered a set of Summit
headers for his 97 Dakota from Summit for $159 plus $24 shipping, he could
have also picked up a set of Pacesetter headers for about the same price.
But for a 98, I get to pick from JBA at $460, or Gibson at $360. I could
care less how pretty it looks, pretty doesn't make it go faster - ay least
not in my book. I want my truck to be quick, better mileage, and still
retain it towing ability, and mild off roading....... chrome plated headers
do not do any of these things. All that I can see as difference is a name
and chrome as being the difference.
<unsnip>