Re: Gen 1 Upper Ball Joints

From: Steve Mills (srm804@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 15 2003 - 21:03:52 EDT

Yes,it's a special monster socket tool. I got one on loan from my local auto
parts store when I did my 92. I hope you have a one inch drive adapter,good
breaker bar,a long pipe,lots of WD and some intestinal fortitude. Good luck
Steve P.S. put some antiseize on the new ones. Be happy you have real ball
joints and not these poor excuses for them on the GenIII's.

>From: "Pindell, Timothy" <TPindell@OTTERBEIN.EDU>
>To: "'dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net'" <dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net>
>Subject: DML: Gen 1 Upper Ball Joints
>Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 11:46:53 -0400
>

>Hey Fellas:
> Is there a special tool to remove upper ball joints on a Gen1, or is it
>just a monster socket? The uppers are threaded in unlike the bottoms.
>I've
>got a set of drop spindles that I'd like to install, and while I've got it
>apart...
>

>Tim

Use custom emotions -- try MSN Messenger 6.0!
http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_emoticon