Re: Re: retrieving codes from a 99...

From: ronald bruce taylor,jr (taylor9565@msn.com)
Date: Mon Sep 15 2003 - 22:52:08 EDT

I've never used the on-off trick because I have access to a scanner,
I get more info from the scanner than using that trick.

My Dak has only tossed 1 code since I've had it and I used the scanner
I have access to that code...it flagged the ignition coil.

I went into the shop and tried the on-off trick, it just popped the code
thru the odometer (first time ever)

I tried it before and got ZIP!..NADA!

I never do this because it just gives the code "P###" AND no other
info...the average person won't have a clue or access to the information
unless he knows where to look or calls the dealer.

I didn't LIE!...I needed more info (I HATE being called a LIAR)

A code scanner is still the most reliable way of pulling codes on
OBD-2 VEHICLE.. . . . AS IT gives the description as well as the code!

Ron-