Re: Dual-remote oil filtration system

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Tue Sep 16 2003 - 11:57:10 EDT

In article <bk7ate$ftj$2@bent.twistedbits.net>, jon@dakota-truck.net writes:
> "Craig Rash" <2kdaksport@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> :> > Has any one mount a dual-remote oil filtration system from AMSOIL in a
>
> : Speaking of AMSOIL... Has there been a thread about this stuff yet and I
> : missed it?? I was talking to a guy last week and he couldn't say enough
> : about how wonderful it was. I mentioned I was using Mobil1 and he just
> : laughed! Their way of saving you money is to not change the oil ALL
> : YEAR!?!?
> : The website has the usual marketing stuff to say. How good is this stuff?
>

> I know what you mean... I've steered clear of the stuff myself
> just because of the strange dealer network, and the wacky marketing
> stuff. Feels like a pyramid scheme. ;-) Its probably decent
> stuff, but something about the whole thing seems, I dunno - shady or
> something. :-)
>
> At least with Mobil 1 I know I've got a product backed by a huge
> company, sold through the normal retail channels, with lots of
> data showing that it is a good product, and no silly marketing
> claims. As Andy mentioned, Mobil 1 is factory fill on a number
> of performance cars, and there is plenty of data to show that it
> is a great product.

I have a friend that is an Amsoil dealer, I kid him that it's the Tupperware of
the oil industry. Anyway, definately good products but so are Mobil 1, Redline,
Royal Purple and a number of others. They do have some unique products such as
the bypass oil filter system. I use the chassis lube from them and I definately
like the oild foam air filters they sell. They flow as well as the K&N oiled
gauze and do a better job of filtering. I became a real fan of oiled foam back
in the 70's and 80's when I raced dirt bikes.