Re: Amsoil products

From: r (charger69rt@cox.net)
Date: Thu Sep 18 2003 - 02:34:09 EDT

List

Amsoil products

Aviation Consumer Magazine reported on Amsoil products in the mid 80s from
Oskosh.

During the Shell hi speed ball bearing test,(5 ball bearings spun at a high
rpm while using a press to increase the load) ; Amsoil exceeded the limit of
the test machine without failing.

I believe it was the first time that had happened.

It was then discovered that adding Amsoil at a 1 to 4 ratio to any oil would
also give the same results.

I think Amsoil was upset because they didn't want to be seen as an additive.

On an additive note...the Aviation Consumer Magazine gave STP a back handed
compliment when it recommended it not be used as an assembly lube because
the ZLF (its a longed named zinc compound) would keep the rings from
seating.

So by default I guess the anti-scuff claims of STP must of had some merit.

My father-in-law was some low level guy in the Amsoil multi-level marketing
and I think it was the best of the deals he was involved in. Every thing
from their penetrating oil to the toilet paper oil filters seemed to work
great.

Their oil filter deal was the same as the Franz (Frantz?) filters that first
showed up in the 60's.

It was a partial flow system that used a roll of toilet paper as the
element.

The aviation version had special FAA-PMA approved toilet paper that cost
about $10 a roll...rumoured to have caused some divorces when the wives used
the airplane TP for other things.

On a last additive note...a friend claimed that adding STP to his old Ford,
after having installed a Frantz filter, that at the next filter change all
the STP was in the roll of toilet paper.

Finally, Doug S. owned a 1967 VW beetle bought new in 1967. He put one of
the toilet paper filters on it, changed toilet paper filter every 4000
miles. The only oil he changed was to replace what was lost from the filter.
He sold the car in 1977 with 213,000 miles...tires, batteries, and wiper
blades his only service items.

Rambling over...out

boblip from phx