Re: Re: Updates.

From: droo (03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Sep 18 2003 - 20:14:09 EDT

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 23:21:27 -0400 (EDT), Michael Quigley
<michael9@michael9.com> wrote:

> Agreed. But is the rate that it's going down reflected properly? This may
> be
> part of the difference that folks see between mileage computers on
> different
> trucks. Maybe some folks spend more time stationary, idling than others,
> which
> increases the amount of skew in their computer-calculated average.

It doesn't make any difference at all. MPG is based on miles traveled vs
fuel burned. I would think the computer is the most accurate one because it
knows how much fuel it's pumping into the engine. Now when you figure it on
your own, that's where the variables come in. If you just pump the gas in
til the pump stops, it doesn't always stop at the same fill point. As I
found out earlier from someone on the list, they usually squeeze almost
another 2 gallons into the tank after the pump shuts itself off.