Re: Silblades link, deal?

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Fri Sep 19 2003 - 20:04:15 EDT

Hey, DML!

<snip> I'm using the same ones for 3years.<snip>

3 years! Wow...My first pair of Silblades were streaking after 18 months -
plus the arms were badly rusted...
I E-mailed the company & told them - they told me to try cleaning them with
soap & water...
No good...I replied thet their idea didn't work & they sent me
replacements...
I thought "great!' What a deal...Well after 6 months, the second pair
started streaking...

<snip> That's because Silblades have no natural rubber in them. They're
pure
silicone.<snip>

There must be something in them that disagrees with whatever waxing compound
my local drive-thru carwash applies...That's the only thing I can think of
that I do differently from all the other DMLers...
I use Bosch now...10 months (so far) & no streaks yet (fingers crossed...)

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
Averill Park, NY
2K DAK SY CC Sport + V6 4X4 5 Speed

WebPage URL: http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/