Re: Re: V6 and V8 Flywheels

From: greg conner (dodgeboy93@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 21 2003 - 23:01:21 EDT

You are correct sir. the crankshaft position sensor reads the notchs in the
flywheel. the v6 and v8 have a different number. I'd also suspect that the
bolt pattern on the crank snout is different so as you could not
accidentally put a v6 flywheel on a v8 and so forth.

Greg Conner
1996 RC
3.9 hybrid

>From: "Jim Miller WB5OXQ" <wb5oxq@grandecom.net>
>To: <dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net>
>Subject: DML: Re: V6 and V8 Flywheels
>Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 20:30:01 -0500
>

>I think the crank position sensor works off of the flywheel to fire the
>plugs. Therefore it might not work.

Add MSN 8 Internet Software to your existing Internet access and enjoy
patented spam protection and more. Sign up now!
http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/byoa