RE: Amsoil -Info

From: Dave Clement (david.clement@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Sep 22 2003 - 18:29:12 EDT

Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 17:23:53 -0400
From: "Rick Barnes" <barnesrv@comcast.net>

>TOTAL BS...you cannot make me believe they will prefer the (so-called),
>superiority of Amsoil over Mobil One, (that's fiction), for 50 cents. If
>you want to believe that they will save 50 cents on the price of a Corvette
>or Viper, you gotta be smoking something and whatever it is, pass the bong
>please! No way Amsoils spends more than Mobil One on development either.

FWIW! A company that I worked for a few years back as a manufacturing
engineer used to have a goal for all engineers to generate 3 times there
annual salary in cost savings every year. If you came up with a .50 per unit
cost savings it did not make any difference whether that savings was
associated with a product that cost a $1.00 each or $100,000.00. Of course
there were technical considerations that had to be qualified to prove the
change did not compromise quality or other business considerations. From a
personal perspective I would always look for the biggest bang for my efforts
and typically we sold many more units of $1.00 items than $100,000.00 items
so making my goal would be easier. From a corporate perspective a $210,000
annual savings goes directly to the bottom line and whether it came from a
cheap product or an expensive product made no difference.

Dave Clement
99 Dakota SLT+ CC 4x4