Re: Tire Storage ?

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 16:19:16 EDT

Hey, Mike,

<snip> Will they be ok to use? Will that flat spot go away once mounted and
pressurized?<snip>

I don't see why they wouldn't be ok to use. I've had my boat trailer sit
longer than that WITH the boat on it & with water in the boat from rain &
snow due to a rip in the cover from a falling tree branch. I aired them up
and dragged the whole thing 15 miles to a service center (after draining out
the excess H2O!) and had no problems. The trailer tires are way smaller than
LT or car tires, & probably of a more inferior grade (i.e. CHEAPER) than
what you have stored. I doubt that the weight of an unmounted tire - upon
itself - would cause any permanent deformation...
But, I'm sure we have some tire experts on the list who would know for
sure...
IMHO, go for it...
HTH,

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
(Holy sh*t! a Post that didn't mention Amsoil!)
Averill Park, NY
2K DAK SY CC Sport + V6 4X4 5 Speed

WebPage URL: http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/