heater core

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Sep 25 2003 - 14:20:55 EDT

Hey, last night (and this morning) I had to use the heat in my truck... I
just so happened to notice that after about 10 minutes I was getting
hungry... <<hmmm....it smells like breakfast in here!>> Well, sure enough
there's a coolant leak somewhere under my dash either at or near the heater
core... Every time I have to use the heat it smells like syrup now.

I took a look at my FSM and it appears that the heater core is WAY the f**k
in the back of the dash... doesn't look like a happy project to me. So, my
question to you all is: has anyone ever done a heater core on a genIII
truck? If so, how much of a pain is this gonna be?

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L