Re: Re: 04 Durango OT

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2003 - 18:06:22 EDT

Wayne Allewelt wrote:

> It official DC has posted the new restyled D on their website. I love the
> towing capacity of 8900lbs. 5.7 Hemi AAAAAGGGHHHHH!!!!!
>
> Wayne
> 01 QC Sport 4x4 V8

pardon me... but its still fhawkin ugly...

The head on front view I DO happen to like... however the side profile
leaves much to be desired. The grill droops down too much (too oval)
and its too bold. The grill hits you in the face when you look at it.
If it looked a little more like the 94-01 gen Rams... then I would liek
it better.

The sheetmetal lines are raked back a little too far. And the case is
still open on the rear end. I cant make up my mind about the after
burner tail lights.

I was pissed to hear that it would have standard AWD - but according to
the web site - it will be offered with an optional selectable transfer
case with low gears for offroading.

If Dakota will be a clone of Durango... the only way I would ever drive
one is if I hacked and chopped and bondo'd the front end to look the way
  I want it to look.

Just two cents from your resident brick nosed, slab sided, boxy loving
Gen I Dak owner... heehee

"Take me to the river, drop me in the water..." - Talking Heads

'89 Silver Dakota RC, V6, 4x2 -- '89 Silver Dakota RC, V6, 4x4 '01 Graphite Ram Offroad Sport, RC, 360 V8, Auto, Short Box! 4x4

http://home.earthlink.net/~silvereightynine/ http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/