Re: Howdy, I'm new. AND WHERE DO YOU GET FRICKN' TOW HOOKS?!

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Sep 28 2003 - 00:27:39 EDT

kellykins@shaw.ca wrote:
> Hey all, my name is Kelly. I live in Vancouver, BC. I have a stock 97 black
> Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4 on BFG AT/TA 31s. I like to wheel, and thus, require
> front tow hooks. I've gone to the dealer, which proved to be about as useful as
> a third tit, as they knew nothing about 4x4ing or my needs. I'm trying not to
> take it personally as a female. And I've taken it to fab shops, and they want
> to make a big mess by cutting through the bumper, or putting the hooks in the
> wheelwell, which makes me nervous, as the towrope would reef on the bumper. I
> thought the Warn Trans4mer winch receiver was my only option, but it costs
> $300, and I've been feeling poor these past few days! I've also been told that
> the factory drilled holes are there to recieve the hooks, but since I have
> aircon the rad is too big to access them. Is there any truth to any of this?
> Parts and part numbers would be most helpful, if any exist. Please for the love
> of my truck, offer me new hope!
>
> Cheers!
> Kelly

You have a 4x4!! YOU ARE WORTHY!!!

heh welcome to the DML... too bad you are way over on the west coast...
you would love attending the DML BBQ and Daktoberfest at the DML HQ in
the Homeland of Forestville NY - outside Buffalo.

http://www.dakota-truck.net/meet/DMLBBQ01 - 1999
http://www.dakota-truck.net/meet/DMLBBQ02 - 2000
http://www.dakota-truck.net/meet/DMLBBQ03 - 2001
http://www.dakota-truck.net/meet/DMLBBQ04 - 2002
http://mike.tepidcola.com/dml/ - 2003

ya know... you would think that after 5 years of this insanity.. Jon
would abandon the DML and move to another country, to escape us crazy
people.

"Take me to the river, drop me in the water..." - Talking Heads

'89 Silver Dakota RC, V6, 4x2 -- '89 Silver Dakota RC, V6, 4x4 '01 Graphite Ram Offroad Sport, RC, 360 V8, Auto, Short Box! 4x4

http://home.earthlink.net/~silvereightynine/ http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/