Re: HUGE electrical problems - need help ASAP

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Sun Sep 28 2003 - 23:30:11 EDT

On Friday, September 26, 2003, at 08:25 PM, Tim Althoff wrote:

> What is the clicking? Do you guys think I should unplug the brain for
> the
> remote starter from the wiring to avoid that conflict. what are some
> other
> test I can do to make sure we don't mess up the computer/fuse panel!

not sure what you may have found on this since you last posted.... the
first thing I'd do is unplug the brain and see if whatever is tripping
stops. the clicking could be the starter/ solenoid or a relay... then
see what works and what doesn't. if you hook things back up to
investigate, you shouldn't do any more damage to than may have already
been done - after all it was sitting there going nuts in the parking
lot for a while already.

I'd check all the wiring under the dash for any loose connections or
crossed wires or ground-outs or whatever. I'd also check the wiring
itself to make sure everything is put together right.

I put a remote starter in my mom's Taurus last year and it hasn't
caused any trouble at all so far. I can't remember what brand it was
though so that's not of much note =)

--
Michael Maskalans                '98 Dakota SLT CC 4x4 318
details here:         <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak.html>