re:Exhaust Opinions for Gen2

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 09:51:09 EDT

Well, if you're planning on staying legal (visual, sniffer test, etc.) I
think the duals are not an option. Mike Clark ran into this with his GenII
down in Houston. He even has some stuff on his web site about it.
www.mikesdakota.com

If you're in a non-emissions area, I guess you can do whatever you want. Of
course, with high flow cats. <hugging tree>

I had/have the Gibson single 3" catback on mine, and the muffler did the
exact same thing as yours, only at 5 years instead of 10! I went with a
high flow cat and a Flowchamber 2 chamber delta flow 3" in, 3" out muffler.
The shop did have to add about an 8" section of pipe to get the Flowmaster
to fit. I like the sound, and it gets lots of compliments. It's quite a
bit louder than the Gibson, but not obnoxious. Never noticed a change (for
better or worse) in mileage or performance. No drone in the cab either
(which Flowmasters are kind of famous for), but with the 3.92's at 75 on the
highway it's hard to yammer on my cell phone! Don't flame me now.... I use
an earbud/microphone!

Help protect your PC. Get a FREE computer virus scan online from McAfee.