Re: RE: Terrible Tom Cursed?

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Sat Nov 01 2003 - 19:17:36 EST

At 11:56 PM 10/31/2003, Jon wrote:

> ...but its a dry mud! ;-)

BWAhahahahahaha!!!!! I'm going to be chuckling about that one for days,
thanks Jon. (You really *are* trying to fill Ed's shoes while he's away,
aren't you?)

Actually, there's some truth to that... desert soil doesn't absorb a lot of
water very quickly. Heavy rains lead to flash floods, as the water doesn't
sink in, and needs to go somewhere. The mud I've seen in the desert
usually isn't more than a few inches deep before you get to solid
ground. And it dries out in a few days. Not like the mud on Jon's
property that's been standing water since the last ice age.

(Mind you, I don't know the current situation in Arizona, just going by
what I used to see in southern Utah.)

Didn't you read the disclaimer?  http://www.they.com/disclaimer