Re: Drivetrain fluids?

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Sat Nov 01 2003 - 22:37:32 EST

On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 21:38:46 -0500, B1LLYW@aol.com wrote:
>> Yup...definitely need the friction modifier. (Even the Redline stuff
>> requires it - they make it in a small bottle). Preferably, use the Mopar
>> additive.
>>
>> - Bernd
>>

>Actually, (most) Red Line stuff does not require an additive. I've run it
>for years with no additive and no problems. They do make a very good additive
>as well though.

Incidentally, I just bought a few quarts of Redline 75W90 today. It's
got friction modifier mixed in with it already. You have to
specifically get the stuff for open diffs (75W90 NS) if you don't want
the additive. It says on the bottle that no additional additive will
be needed for "most" limited slip applications. Since the additive is
relatively cheap (especially compared to the $8/qt. price for
Redline), I think it's not a bad idea to just add some anyway.

-Bill