RE: It's a great day in the neighborhood!

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 18:11:42 EST

Got the Dak back today, $1395.82 total bill! $89.95 out of my pocket.
Following parts replaced...

Ball-joints.....
2, 6504007 Retainer (what ever that was) $14.10 ea.
$28.20
1, 52106161AE Arm-upper Control $237.00
$237.00
1, 52106160AE Arm-upper Control $197.00
$197.00
Labor
$385.47

Wheel Bearing, both sides
2, 52009528 Hub $158.00ea.
$316.00
Labor
$128.00

Front End Alignment
$39.95

TOTAL with tax $64.20
$1395.82

Rides a heck of a lot better now! Service dude says the pull and shimmy at
65mph and above are the tires. Says the need to be balanced and rotated. But
from side to side not back to front, this makes sense to anyone??? I have
BFGoodrich All-terrain T/A Tires, 31x10.50R15 if that makes any difference.

Now who and how at mother company to I complain too about the short life of
the wheel bearings and ball joints? I would like to get my money back!

--
Don Mallett