Re: Re: Re: keyless / remote start

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 08:46:36 EST

On Thursday, November 6, 2003, at 09:03 AM, Bill Day wrote:

> Like I said, with the aid of the remote start manufacturer, I spent an
> hour
> under my dash. 15 more minutes to put it together again.
>
> http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/ top menu across the screen and choose
> vehicle wiring diagrams. Select the make then the drop down list has
> the
> different years. Print the list take it to the truck.

I put a remote starter/ locks/ trunk release on my mom's Taurus from
Bulldog. with the wiring codes, it's a piece of cake. the hardest
part was making it looks pseudo-neat and finding room in that cramped
footwell for the stack of I think 6 relays it took.

it was probably a 2-3 hour job, first time I was ever under the dash in
that car. and it was in a kinda heated and pretty cramped garage in
January in Minnesota <g>

I could get one in my Dak in under an hour (far better access, and I'm
intimate with the under side of that dash...), and when I'm not parking
a quarter mile from where I sleep I probably will.

Bulldog is damn cheap too. and it hasn't given any trouble in almost 2
years.

the model she got has a tempt sensor, too - allows you to have the car
start and run for X minutes when the interior temp gets below
40/30/20/10/0вк. remember to deactivate that in the attached garage
though =) (which is real simple to do - park everywhere normally and
have it start when it gets cold. park in the garage with the hood
release popped - they provide a cutout switch to install so it won't
start with the hood up)

overall I was impressed with the setup, and she still loves it. I like
it when I steal the car too, if for no reason other than gimmic value
;-)

--
Michael Maskalans                '98 Dakota SLT CC 4x4 318
details here:             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak/>