Re: RE: RE: RE: Oil filters; $2 Generic vs $10 Premium

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Sat Nov 08 2003 - 03:19:14 EST

On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 21:05:42 -0500, kylevan@telus.net (Kyle
Vanditmars) wrote:
>Personally, I just use one of those band wrenches to get the filter off.
> If you oil the gasket, you shouldn't have any trouble turning the
>filter the specified 1/2 turn past initial contact. I know I don't, but
>maybe that's my spry 19 year old's muscles kicking in. ;-D

I wouldn't care if it weren't such a PITA to get to the filter on my
truck. Unless I want to take the cover (for lack of a better term)
off and deal with those damn christmas trees that hold it on, you have
to get to the filter by opening a little door that is about 1-2" wider
in diameter than the filter itself. I have a set of strap wrenches
that *work* to get in there, but it's a pain. The nut is just easy.

-Bill