Headlamp Switch Problems??? [Chris Martin] URGENT!!

From: clmartin@ppcusd8.org
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 07:12:04 EST

Greetings DML List,

I am curious to learn if others have had trouble with their headlight
switch. My truck is a Gen.III, 1998 SLT CC 3.9L 2wd Auto. Sometimes, not
every time, when pulling the switch to the "on" position the "guts" or
innards come out with the knob. Very disconcerting feeling. Immediately
upon re-inserting to the "off" position it catches and functions properly.
Is this an inherent flaw or defect of the switchgear or an isolated case -
does anyone have the Workshop Bulletin on this?? It's not blowing fuses or
anything, yet. I've not had this problem on my Gen.II Dak LE CC 3.9L 2wd
Man. with a similiar pullswitch design.

-Chris...
Deeply rural Springfield, IL