Re: Re: OOOOPS :-)

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 08:36:11 EST

At 07:47 AM 11/11/03, you wrote:
>I might have some new times this weekend. Just found out my flywheel
>is cracked :o Gonna get that replaced tomorrow and run this sat and next
>sat, then she goes away for the winter. -Dave '02 FR RC R/T 12.50@111.24

Thanks, Dave. It took awhile but I knew your rear bumper would come
through :-)

Strange about the flywheel. I just recently read (another Dak forum) on
someone who discovered a crack in his flywheel as well. He was
experiencing a miss at about 3500-4000 rpms. He spent about a year
and a small fortune trying to get the cause nailed down :-( Apparently,
the crack resulted in the crank position sensor to move away just
enough to throw the reading off.

Good luck! Last weekend's baro. pressure/temp. combo was one of those
rarities at TMP. Best in the 6 years that I've been racing there and only on
one other occasion did the baro. pressure just top 30".

BTW, two weeks ago Sat. when the baro. was 29.3" and high 50s,
an R/T CC showed up to t&t his ATI Procharger for the first time.
His best was something like a 13.38. The only time that I able to see
him run, he did a 14.19. I think the owner runs the Ontario chapter
of the R/T Mailing List. He been trying to work out a lean issue
at 5000 rpms and has been getting advice from the blower gurus
on the MI chapter list. Without the blower, his pb was 14.4x.

Don't know what kind of weather to wish you get. He said that a blower
doesn't like cold (?). Good luck again!

Bob