Re: Re: OOOOPS :-)

From: Dave Downing (ded74@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 12:46:54 EST

> flywheel?....
>
> your flexplate has a crack in it ya mean? How'd ya figure that out?
>
> Greg Conner

Too early in the morning, yes that should have been flexplate. I had a
clicking noise coming from the tranny, took it back to the shop that did my
converter/vb install, thinking it might be a loose bolt on the converter.
Pulled the cover and as he was checking the last bolt, saw the crack in the
flexplate, right at the top of one of the cutouts. Guess when it's spinning
the centrifugal force is flexing that piece out and it's hitting the cover.
Picking up a new one this afternoon, $42 and it's going in tomorrow. I've
always said that breaking something just means you get to upgrade, but
unfortunately, there is no upgrade for the flexplate :( So it's a factory
flexplate that's going back in, hope it holds up.

-Dave