Re: Wegmans Run - Was: Meet report

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 13:19:33 EST

On Tuesday, November 11, 2003, at 09:02 AM, Jerod J. Husvar wrote:

> My wife is from Rochester. She's been here in Ohio for over two years
> now

my condolences! ;-)

> and she still compares the local grocery stores to Wegman's. Of
> course, when she took me to the Wegman's that's near Brighton (sp?) I
> was pretty impressed with the selection of stuff they have there.
> But, my wife also told me that you pay for the privilege of having all
> the goodies in the store. The prices, or so she told me, are a little
> bit higher than at competing stores.

they're lower than Tops on a lot of things now. they moved from very
good sales on a few things all the time to "consistent lower prices"
which means less savings, but more comparable prices.

> Oh well, maybe I'll surprise her sometime with a trip back to
> Rochester to go to Wegman's and see old friends. :)

no matter where in OH you are, the closes Wegs is in Erie PA. my
gradumatated friend Alan, currently in Cleveland, heads over when he's
really in the mood for a good grocery store and a good sub. most
importantly for those Wegs outside Rochester and Buffalo is that their
in-hose sub shop was inspired by Dibella's Old Fashioned Submarines -
the best cold subs I've ever had.

Dak content: I drive it to Wegs, to Dibellas and to Ohio ;-)

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
ClassTech Consultant  -  ITS Printer Tech  -  ITS Lab Tech