Re: Leaf Spring TSB Detail?

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Nov 12 2003 - 10:36:32 EST

"Rob S" <robert_schultz@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Hi:
>
> Does anyone know what the detail for the follwoing TSB is?
>
> 02-05-00 MAR 00 Rear Leaf Springs - Squeaking/Clicking Noise
>
> The rear springs made noise every time I got into and out of the truck.
> I mentioned it to the dealer and they lubed the springs (and charged me
> for it).
>
> It's an '00 QC 2WD.
>
> Rob S

That TSB was done on my truck pretty soon after I got it. They just put
these little plastic pads in the holes at the ends of each leaf and smear a
bunch of grease between them and reassemble the pack. It's pretty
straightforward. If you're still under warranty (slim chance though seeing
as you've got a 2k as well) TSB's are done free of charge.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L