Re: stupid dodge frontend

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Nov 12 2003 - 13:25:53 EST

"Michael Maskalans" <mike-lists@tepidcola.com> wrote in message

> shop just called. I already knew the lower left had a bad boot and
> would be dead. the left upper is bad too! both rights are a bit loose,
> but still within spec.
>
> they're 357 days old! unfortunately I'm well over the 12k mile
> warranty (about 18k on them), so more money gets to be tossed at the
> damn balljoints.
>
> and yes, I'm bitching after beating on the truck: I'm not *that* rough
> on it. no one is rough enough to kill BJs in less than 20k.
>
> after the RC gets here and gets it's new axles, the Dakota is in for a
> change. I'm tired of throwing money away $250 at a time when I plan to
> keep this truck around.
> --
> Michael Maskalans '98 Dakota SLT CC 4x4 318

You mean you didn't buy lifetime warranteed balljoints??? You're a bad man
and deserve your punishment. =P

The Dana Chassis ones I've got are lifetime warranteed++ I got them from
Napa.

I took care of the left lower one this past saturday and after about an hour
with an air hammer it was in. I just shaved the tops off of the rivets and
drove them out with a pin bit. Worked like a charm. :-)

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L