Re: I Need a New Seat...

From: Dale Schultz (d.schultz@sympatico_NOSPAM_.ca)
Date: Wed Nov 12 2003 - 18:38:14 EST

Darin Van Stavern wrote:

How about restuffing?
> Does anyone have experience with that?
Hi:
I had the seat cushion of my drivers seat go flat on the entry/exit side
(98 CC 4x4). I removed the cushion and cut out the mashed foam. I was
able to get some similar foam from the shipping dept. at my place of
employment. I cut and molded it to shape and glued it in with contact
cement. It works great and I don't even notice a difference between the
original foam portion and the new stuff.

When I asked the dealer about the seats all they had in the listing was
a whole new seat (bucket in my case), $1500, no thanks. My solution was
a few bucks for glue and a couple of hours of my own labour ($85/hour) ;-)

The bone yard may be an option too.

Dale