Re: Re: Web discount buyers, esp. in FL

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Nov 13 2003 - 09:15:32 EST

"Bob Tom" <tigers@bserv.com> wrote in message

> I wish it were to Canada :-( Shipping is to U.S. Fortunately,
> the DML BBQ head honcho has stepped forward, as he usually
> does :-)

We should give Jon the DML MVP or something.

> >I thought Gibson lifetime warranteed their product though?
>
> There is, although I don't know the fine details.
>
> >Have you tried contacting them for a replacement?
>
> It becomes a little tricky being on this side of the border.
> Most likely, rust from the inside out would probably be considered
> normal. When I got the system in 97, the only split-rear version
> out was the aluminized one. Seems with the aluminized version
> and the type of weather I have up here, there's a 6-7 year, life span.

Hmmm... I ordered the aluminized version for my truck and should have it by
monday. Looks like it may be a good idea to hit it with a few coats of high
temp black paint before I put it on. Hopefully that'll prolong the lifespan
a little.

Even if it rusted from the inside out, I'd still try and contact them for a
replacement just in case. Maybe you can save yourself $300.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L