RE: new rims!

From: Neil W. Bellenger (neil624b@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Thu Nov 13 2003 - 13:21:56 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net On Behalf Of Michael Maskalans
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2003 2:38 AM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: Re: DML: new rims!

<I haven't yet, but the SuperChips makes it dead simple. I'll either
grab a tape measure for a real dimension, and start with that, or start
with the claimed 31" diameter, and then adjust based on speedo to GPS
comparison. >

Mike, Nice look to the truck. Now people will really believe it's a 4X.
The most accurate way to determine the diameter of a tire for calculation
purposes is to measure the "static loaded radius".
With the correct air pressure, measure from the ground to the exact center
of the wheel. This takes into account the flat spot on the ground and is way
more accurate than measuring the unloaded diameter, i.e. when the tire is
off the truck.