Re: Upper control arms loose?

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Nov 13 2003 - 16:58:01 EST

""jonathan"" <jonathan@crazy-train.net> wrote in message

> OK...from some recent trouble with Merchants Tire, and brakes, etc, we got
> new rottors/ceramic pads for free. But...they told us that the bolts for
the
> upper control arms were loose.
>
> What could cause this? There was a bad brake job before (well, cheap
stuff),
> and we had it redone. But they said recently, these bolts being loose was
> the problem.
>
> What could cause them to be loose?
>
> jon

Sounds like the tech that aligned your truck didn't use an impact to tighten
these. The dakotas have sliding upper control arms so you can set camber
and if someone doesn't tighten the bolts enough they'll move around on you.
Or were you talking about the control arm bolts that go thru the bushings?

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L