Simple suspension question?

From: orange383@comcast.net
Date: Mon Nov 17 2003 - 23:32:04 EST

I picked up some new coil springs for my 94 2wd v8 from my local dealer. They said they show three different spring rates for that truck so I decided to be safe and chose the middle. However, with the springs in, my truck seems to seat far too high having 2" drop spindles installed at the same time. Any ideas? Suggestions? Does anyone know the reason for the different spring rates? I thought it was for the different motors, but they said those were all for the v8s. Also, does anyone know if Gen III rear leaf springs will fit a Gen II? Thanks for any help.

David