Re: headlamps

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 08:23:29 EST

In article <opryuypcxgwzx09r@mail.comcast.net>, 03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net
(droo) writes:

> On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 01:21:00 -0500, Michael Maskalans <dml@tepidcola.com>
> wrote:
>

> > On Nov 17, 2003, at 17:06, droo wrote:
> >
> >> the adjustments i made to the lights helped a bit. Gonna drive em like
> >> that a few more times and try to get em up higher. I don't want to go
> >> too high though. We'll see.
> >
> > you know, droo, I think they make walls for that sort of thing..... <g>
>
> Yeah yeah yeah. Unfortunately the wall is only good for getting the lights
> pointed at the same height. Can never tell how it will look on the road.

Actually a tape measure and some masking tape you adjust them per the FSM. Put
a cross on the wall centered on each headlight, measure back 25' from the wall,
back the truck up to the 25' mark and adjust the center of the beam to be just
in the lower right quaderant of the cross. On High beam they should be centered
on the crosses.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4