Re: Free XLViewer

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 10:39:44 EST

"Grady Ogburn" <jgo@nospamplease.uswest.net> wrote in message
news:MPG.1a250ee238f7c3c09896cc@grady...

> If you want to do more than just view, try www.openoffice.org;
> it is an open source, free, multiplatform office clone that
> understands all the M$ formats (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
> I have used it several times to work on spreadsheets created
> originally in Excel.
>
> Monstrous download (65MB), but it beats the sh_t out of MS
> Office.
>
> --
> Grady Ogburn

I've used openoffice on my linux machine for a while now and am actually
fairly impressed with it. It does really well until you start getting into
headers and footers and some of the weirder stuff that word supports.
Unfortunately we use most of that weird stuff at work so it makes it
difficult to take anything home.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L