Re: Torque management-4.7l auto

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 18:53:32 EST

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 12:28:42 -0500, andy-dml@levyclan.us (andy levy)
wrote:
>> 1. What is the max hp you can throw at these 2 trannies?
>>
>> 2. Are they the ones used in the tow packages that came in Daks?
>
>The 545RFE is in front of the HEMI inside the Ram 2500 4x4 w/ full tow
>package that's being shipped to my father right now.

It really has always bothered me that there isn't an HD Auto option
available even on the HD trucks. The only way to get a real HD tranny
is to get the 6-speed. (Obviously, if you want a "real" HD truck,
that's the way to go, but the other manufacturers have an HD auto as
an option at least..)

-Bill